Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tortilla's Again - For My Band



After a really hectic weekend, I was at a total loss as to what to cook yesterday. The Band loves Roti's and I try to make it at least once a week. My mum gave me a whole lot of made up roti balls, so all you have to do is take them out of the freezer and once thawed roll them and fry them up on the pan. The rolling is quite a pain - mind you....
Yesterday I made Tortilla's. A bit different to the one blogged here. One can also make this with store bought Tortilla's.
I cut up some chicken fillet into strips and cooked it with some Ina Paarman's Cajun spice, Green Masala, Ghee and some Nando's Garlic peri peri sauce. While this was getting done - I had to roll out the roti's and fry them on a really hot pan. I made mini rotis for this dish.
Once rotis are done spread some Nando's Perinnaise on the bottom of the roti. Place chicken strips along the centre, add some cheese and a freshly made salad. I splashed on some salad dressing for some extra flavour. Roll roti and pin together with a toothpick. Alternatively you can roll it in foil and heat in oven again but since I had just made everything it was all still hot....
The Band was full of Smiles and that's all that counts right - :)

1 comment:

Homemade Heaven said...

What a treat - a mom to give you a batch of roti, ready to be rolled and cooked - yummy!!!